Talk

Advanced search

Please help! Swollen breast and not releasing milk!

(4 Posts)
Paie Fri 28-Sep-18 09:50:37

Ebf my 8 week old.
Use electric pump once a day, for about 30 minutes.
Since last night my right breast has been swollen and sore, even getting DC to latch is so painful.
I've tried warm showers, hot flannels, tried to hand express, massaged my boob- but it's so so sore now. Sat with the electric pump on for 20 minutes and only have 1oz. Normally pump 2.5oz per breast over the course of 30 mins.

Please help me MN! I'm so sore sad

OP’s posts: |
Foodylicious Fri 28-Sep-18 09:53:37

Is there a list of bf supporters/support groups in the back of babys red book?
Best to give someone a ring probably. Sounds like you have tried most of the usual.self care methods.

Though have you tried dangle feeding or rugby ball hold? Different positions can help.

Paie Fri 28-Sep-18 09:57:56

Bf my first for 10 months and had no problems, I'm a bit anxious around new people and don't like to breastfeed in front of anyone who isn't immediate family :/ so willing to try anything before giving in and contacting a group!

What's the dangle feeding? Is it literally just dangling boob above baby to get gravity helping out? 😂

OP’s posts: |
Cantchooseaname Fri 28-Sep-18 10:01:23

Yes, that’s dangle feeding.
It sounds like you may have blocked duct, which can become mastitis - and make you really unwell. Can you call feeding support group- they might be able to pop and see you, so only one person to feed infront of.
From (painful) experience you need to deal with this- it will get worse.
Health visitor?

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in