Talk

Advanced search

7 week took bottle from grandparent but not husband

(4 Posts)
Pittcuecothecookbook Tue 07-Aug-18 09:36:19

I expressed some milk and my mum successfully fed my 7 week old while I had a nap.

My husband tried at the weekend and today and baby is refusing. EBF, same bottle, me upstairs for both. I can't think why!

I tried to talk to my husband about how he was doing it (sitting her upright, letting her suck and do it herself, taking it out if she's dribbly etc) and he said he did all that but got upset both times. I said it was weird my mum could do it and he got really defensive and splurged stormed out...🙄

Has anyone had the same? What did you do?

OP’s posts: |
Pittcuecothecookbook Tue 07-Aug-18 09:37:02

Sorry, baby got upset both times

OP’s posts: |
Vap0 Wed 08-Aug-18 16:33:42

Could he be a little stressed by the idea of doing it and passing that onto baby?
Maybe the grandparent is just more used to this kind of thing and finds it more fluid?
Hopefully practice will make it better?

Greenwomanofmay Wed 08-Aug-18 16:45:23

My baby will do lots of things for my mother that he won't for me or DP, for months she was the best one at getting him to sleep. I think it's just that grand parents have already done it all and know what they're doing, plus they're not exhausted and quite so emotionally attached.
I know quite a few people who handed the baby over to granny for the day when they were weaning onto bottles as it was the only way the baby would take the bottle.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in