Talk

Advanced search

My right breast is crazy

(6 Posts)
FranticallyPeaceful Mon 16-Jul-18 11:52:38

It’s true. My right breast is absolutely coconuts.

It constantly leaks, and I don’t mean just a few drops... it’s like an actual fountain which then turns into a smaller fountain. I’m constantly drenched and constantly sleeping in a puddle.

I have an oversupply issue in this breast but it doesn’t seem to be resolving itself despite my efforts. I’ve been told by a doctor I can’t wear Lilly pads or try to stop it leaking because I had mastitis which led to Sepsis... so I’ve been told to deal with it. Fair enough, but does anybody have any tips on how I could deal with this? In a way that I don’t have to block it from leaking but instead reduce the milk. Nothing seems to be working and he feeds on my other breast most of the time now (my right breast annoys him due to how fast it comes out)

OP’s posts: |
DrDougieHowserMD Mon 16-Jul-18 12:58:43

I had breast shells (hard plastic shells) that captured all the leaking milk. I had such sore nipples I couldn't bear anything touching them so had to have the shells. You could try those? The boobs will settle down eventually but until then, they do grab quiet a bit of the milk (there are two types of shells, one with holes for air flow so not much use if you're laying down and one that seals round the nipple and can collect quite a bit.

DrDougieHowserMD Mon 16-Jul-18 12:58:54

https://www.kiddicare.com/product/Avent-Isis-Comfort-Breast-Shell-Set-Pack-of-2-265180?product-id=545363&utmsource=pla&affiliate=KC-google-shopping&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIxOPq6cej3AIVL7HtCh0ZBQpGEAQYASABEgJ0hvDD_BwE

Mol1628 Mon 16-Jul-18 13:03:05

Can you not use breast pads? Disposable or re usable? They don’t stop the flow at all just stop you from getting soaked. My favourite were the Lansinoh disposable ones.
How old is your baby? I leaked like crazy particularly from one side but it settled down by about 4 weeks post partum

FranticallyPeaceful Mon 16-Jul-18 13:19:04

@DrDougieHowserMD that’s perfect! Thank you. I’ll try these.

@Mol1628 I do use breast pads but they don’t absorb enough. I have bamboo cotton ones and also use the lansinoh ones (because i can’t wash the others fast enough to keep up with Leaky McBoob). The lansinoh just swell up and are at max capacity before I even fall asleep. It’s truly shocking just how much milk I’m making! I don’t know how it’s possible

FranticallyPeaceful Mon 16-Jul-18 13:19:31

And he’s 8 weeks smile

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in