Talk

Advanced search

1yo how much is too much?

(9 Posts)
Modestandatinybitsexy Tue 19-Jun-18 21:34:40

Thank you all for your reassurances, and that guide is really helpful @JiltedJohnsJulie thanks

I think I'm going to look at snacks and see where I can sneak in some more wholesome calories rather than quick fixes.

OP’s posts: |
JiltedJohnsJulie Tue 19-Jun-18 18:52:44

If you’re worried OP have a read of Feeding 1 to 4 years old, a practical guide from the Caroline Walker Trust. It gives snack suggestions, meal plans and portion sizes smile

mistermagpie Tue 19-Jun-18 17:01:58

My 14 month old eats probably more than that (i.e. quite big portions) but he has no milk at all - doesn't like it. I think it sounds pretty normal to me, although I've never given mine crisps, he tends to get grated cheese or oatcakes as snacks.

JiltedJohnsJulie Tue 19-Jun-18 16:20:59

gin if he’s having less than 20 floz just make sure you give him a vitamin supplement and lots of foods which are high in calcium smile

ginandnappies Tue 19-Jun-18 16:15:33

My 10.5MO is the same. He'd eat a whole punnet of blueberries no bother!

He still has 2x7oz bottles (morning and night) but I'm dropping his morning one over the next few days as he's not interested in it anymore. He's much more happy on food!

Your LO sounds fine, smile at this age you'll want to be dropping the formula not adding so I think what he's on is fine x

JiltedJohnsJulie Tue 19-Jun-18 16:08:32

Is he meeting his milestones? Is he following his centiles OP? If it’s yes to both of these, I wouldn’t worry too much.

You could always swap the crisps for something more filling like cubes of cheese and cut up grapes, apple slices spread with smooth nut butter, cheese straws or hummus and veg sticks.

Modestandatinybitsexy Mon 18-Jun-18 22:24:48

But every day's a good day!

He does seem especially hungry, so it might be a spurt.

I've packed extra lunch for tomorrow and I'll make sure his pm snack is more than just crisps.

How're you supposed to trust when he's had enough when it never seems enough for him though?

user1493413286 Mon 18-Jun-18 20:57:54

That sounds fairly similar to what my DD eats on a good day; because she eats so well most of the time I worry less if she has days where she doesn’t have much.
If he’s hungry then definitely give him more; you never know when they might be having a growth spurt.

Modestandatinybitsexy Mon 18-Jun-18 20:54:22

1 year old DS took a while to get into food but when he got it he really got it!

Today he's eaten:

Bf for an hour 5am

A small bowl of baby porridge (made with semi skimmed)
1/3 banana

1/2 cheese spread sandwich
2 homemade fish cakes
Small fruit flapjack
Handful blueberries (his favourite and he'd eat a whole punnet without a break!)

1/2 bag baby crisps

Piccolo baby pasta portion
Fruit & veg pouch
Ella's baby apple crumble

180ml follow on milk before bed

So, everything's baby portions but it seems an extortionate amount! He drinks water with meals, does he need more milk?

We're trying to eat dinner as family meals but he didn't want the veggie noodles or mango we tried him on before resorting to baby food.

Is this too much? If he's hungry does he need more?

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in