Talk

Advanced search

We've spent weeks researching and testing breast pumps and bottles in real homes with real families. Read our baby feeding bottle and breast pump reviews to find out which ones were awarded Mumsnet Best.

Getting EBF baby to sleep better

(4 Posts)
ForumUsername Wed 13-Jun-18 21:36:50

So my EBF 5 month old DD hasn't slept for more than 2 hours the past 3 months
Before then she did 3/4 hour stints

She goes to sleep at around 7.30 every night but it takes me 2 hours to get her in her crib so I can watch some Telly etc with DH
- I try to wait till she's in a deep sleep before moving her but she only seems to get to that point at around 9
She then wakes either 10.30 or 11 and every 1 to 2 hours for the rest of the night

She is easy to settle back to sleep, 5/10mins of feeding and she's out again
I've tried putting her down in the crib to go to sleep on her own but she just thrashes around and chats to herself for up to 45 mins before starting to cry

She has good naps throughout the day, usually 4 around 30mins to 1.5 hours

Not sure if I'm looking for advice or reassurance it'll get better as the lack of sleep is beginning to get to me.

I do not want to try sleep training or bottles.
I'd like to find a gentle way to help her to sleep better

TheyCanGoInTheBucket Thu 14-Jun-18 10:12:00

Have you tried a dummy? First DC very much like this and a dummy saved my sanity

ForumUsername Thu 14-Jun-18 21:03:20

Unfortunately she uses dummies as a teether 😂😢

arbrighton Fri 15-Jun-18 20:02:02

You're probably just coming out of the 4 month sleep regression but sounds as if she is teething.

There isn't really a gentle way to help her sleep better, more adjusting your expectations (i.e. I'm afraid this is totally normal!) and doing what you can to maximise your rest

Try to read the 'Gentle Sleep Book' by Sarah Ockwell Smith.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: