Talk

Advanced search

7 1/2 month old weaning and night feed help!

(4 Posts)
Frieltara1 Thu 10-May-18 22:45:55

Hi, totally new on here. Not sure of the shorthand...
my 71/2 year old is fully established on solids now but I’m confused about the night feed situation or what to do moving forward- here is her current routine.
6am wake- settles bk to sleep
7.30am- anything between 3-5oz bottle
10am- breakfast porridge/fruit/toast
12.30/1pm lunch homemade with protein with some finger food
3.30pm 3/4 Oz bottle (never any more)
6pm dinner homemade, if she finishes it sometimes follow with fruit or yoghurt/baby custard
Bath bed bottle @ 8pm 5-7 Oz (never any more)
Late bottle 12am drains full 7oz bottle
Wakes several time through night but settles till 7.30am
Up until this wk this is what I have been doing, she’s never been a great sleeper and only @ 6months I managed to cut out a 4am bottle... even though she still wakes at this time.
This wk she refuses the 8pm bed bottle completely and wakes 2 hours later hungry so she drinks 5-7oz and is still drinking full 7oz @12am!!!
I don’t know how or when or if I should be cutting out this late bottle completely???? I bf for 3 months until her weight gain was an issue so I worry about her getting enough- I’ve always pretty much stuck to responsive feeding, letting her naturally fall into some routine but it is now been over 7 months and I’m not sure I’m doing the right thing...
Sorry if this seems confusing. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks!

OP’s posts: |
JiltedJohnsJulie Sat 12-May-18 15:57:31

I’m taking it that DD is 7.5 months OP rather than years? smile

Although it’s pretty normal for them to still wake at night for a bottle at this age OP I’d say you might want to up her formula feeds in the day.

At this age 20floz is the minimum she should be having in 24 hours and she doesn’t seem to be getting this in the daytime which could possibly be contributing to the night waking.

I’d try something like this:

6am bottle
7.30am breakfast
10am bottle
12.30 ish lunch
3pm bottle
5 pm dinner
7 pm bottle

By doing it this way, you wouldn’t change much with your timings but would be introducing an extra daytime feed. This may feel like a step backward but may help her tank up on calories during the day, rather than at night.

I’m not a huge fan of dreamfeeding but I think in your case, it might just help. So rather than letting her wake at 12pm ish, one of you (assuming you have a DP) could give her a feed at around 11pm and the other one could hopefully do the early feed at 6am.

Frieltara1 Sun 13-May-18 17:53:06

Hi, yes 7 1/2 months! Thanks for suggestions will try and up the oz during the day. smile

OP’s posts: |
JiltedJohnsJulie Sun 13-May-18 19:24:23

Let us know how you get on smile

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in