Talk

Advanced search

Using formula milk after 4 weeks is it safe?

(4 Posts)
Yazza123 Sat 31-Mar-18 23:44:14

So I’m a bf mum but occasionally my daughter has formula only if my expressed milk is finished up and because of that I only have 2 different brands of formula powder but they are both open. I had purchased them about a month ago and they are still pretty much full but just to be on the safe side can I still use them? It’s easter Sunday tomorrow so my parents will be looking after my LO whilst I am out running some errands and they usually give her formula. I would express but my milk supply is low right now sad
So is it safe to use the 4 week old formula powder or am I better off expressing for hours as it is easter Sunday no supermarkets are open for me to repurchase another box of formula envy

OP’s posts: |
dementedpixie Sun 01-Apr-18 08:54:06

I'm sure my local ones are open but then I'm in Scotland so don't have the same trading laws. Any corner shops open as they might have some? You would be better off buying small pre made cartons if you don't use it very often

JiltedJohnsJulie Sun 01-Apr-18 17:16:45

Did you manage to get some more? If it’s just the occasional feed you may be better off with small ready made cartons.

kikibo Sun 01-Apr-18 17:24:21

Hipp clearly says use their formula within 3 weeks or chuck.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in