Talk

Advanced search

Night time breast feeding help

(4 Posts)
Mummybear11 Thu 22-Mar-18 10:05:17

Hi everyone, so I have a 13yr old who was bottle fed, who was a dream for sleeping through. I recently had my 2nd who I am breastfeeding who is 19 weeks. At first he was an angel for sleeping through this last week all he wants to do he constantly feed every 2 hours throughout the night. It's exhausting. I look like an exhausted dog with a puppy latched on. Any ideas on how to get a breastfed baby back into a routine I'm like the walking dead atm confused

OP’s posts: |
furryelephant Thu 22-Mar-18 10:07:42

Time, unfortunately sadhe's most likely going through the 4 Month sleep regression which throws any routine up in the air. Hes so young and growing so the majority at that age feed through the night, it will most likely spread out again between feeds! And you will survive it, even if you don't feel like you will brew

troodiedoo Thu 22-Mar-18 10:11:05

You had a lucky start. Sounds fairly normal feeding for his age.

The odd bottle of formula or expressed milk might give you respite. But best thing is to accept it and go with the flow.

mindutopia Thu 22-Mar-18 10:12:01

I think unfortunately there’s no secret. You just have to ride it out until it passes most of the time. I did find that the time around 5 months was rough for sleep. I think it had to do with a big developmental leap around then, especially to do with learning to roll and pushing up. Starting solids (at 6 months) and the start of teething reeked havoc on sleep too. My first was ff and even she was waking hourly! I didn’t do anything but just give it time and after about a month or two it all settled down again. It sounds like a big leap or growth spurt to me, which is normal but exhausting.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in