Talk

Advanced search

Introducing some formula at 6 months

(3 Posts)
MsBranwen Mon 19-Mar-18 17:01:35

I’m interested in hearing people’s experiences of breastfeeding once starting weaning onto solids . I’ve had an awful time breastfeeding but am aiming to do ebf until 6 months because it’s something I really wanted to do and it is working despite being tough (little one currently 20 weeks), after which I’m considering introducing some formula for maybe one feed a day in order that I don’t have to keep expressing (currently I express every morning so my husband can do 1 night feed as my son is a pretty dreadful sleeper!). I will definite be keeping bf for most of the feeds but figure that since I’m introducing other foodstuffs anyway a little bit of formula would be ok? But I’m really not sure!

Can anyone else share their experience on this

Bobbiepin Mon 19-Mar-18 17:11:15

My DD is the same age and has been combination fed since 3 weeks (started at one bottle before bed and introduced a lunch time bottle 4 weeks ago). Now my boobs have adjusted I'm considering adding in another bottle. Tbh it makes her feeds a little more predictable, she will happily go 4 hours between feeds after a bottle (which helps at night) whereas after bf it could be 2/3hours, who knows.

I would think if your DC already takes a bottle you're over what could be the biggest problem and you might find that formula helps encourage more sleep.

JiltedJohnsJulie Tue 20-Mar-18 14:56:25

Could your DH use formula for the night feed so that you don’t have to express? Like the PP says, you’re already over the biggest hurdle if LO is taking a bottle smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: