Talk

Advanced search

Lumpy boobs, weaning whilst pregnant and one weird duct

(2 Posts)
Smellyjo Sun 18-Mar-18 19:33:20

My DD, 26months has been down to just a morning feed for many months, this has worked fine for us both but when found out I was pregnant in Jan I wondered whether to keep going or not. Never really made a decision and now I'm 14 weeks and my milk has changed already, gone thick and creamy and a slippery texture like body lotion or something! So she's not been bothering various days in the last 2 weeks, it's not easy to get it out by the looks of it and she gets fed up of me constantly asking her to relatch as I'm sore.

So it's looking like she is weaning which is fine - my question though is, my boobs are quite unevenly lumpy and hard in places, in a way that would have worried me for blocked ducts way back when I was feeding more frequently, but I can't tell is this from less feeds or just pregnancy boobs? Also on one boob, the milk that is coming out of one of the ducts looks a bit brownish and unhealthy, as if infected. But no other symptoms of infection or mastitis and none of the build up of pressure feeling I used to get with blocked ducts and mastitis.

Is this just the way boobs go when you stop breastfeeding after years? Or have you experienced similar in pregnancy?

OP’s posts: |
JiltedJohnsJulie Tue 20-Mar-18 14:54:06

REalky not sure on that one sorry. I’d give one of the Bfing Help,ones a call and speak to a fully trained BFC. Congratulations too thanks

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in