Talk

Advanced search

Manual breast pumps

(10 Posts)
ndo4000 Mon 19-Feb-18 18:42:10

Hi all. Anyone used the Lansinoh or Medela manual pumps? Only need one bottle a week so not needing an electric one. Just can't decide which one to go for..... hmmThank you!!!!

DaisyChainsForever Mon 19-Feb-18 20:34:33

I started using a NatureBond today. It's not a 'pump' as such, you just attach it while your feeding and it catches any leakage/let down from the other boob. I've never used an actual pump, so not sure how much more I'd be getting using one.

arbrighton Mon 19-Feb-18 20:39:32

I got a combined philips avent kit with steriliser, pump, bottles when it was on offer in mothercare, it's been fine for similar use levels

ndo4000 Mon 19-Feb-18 22:20:05

@DaisyChainsForever does it just catch the drips, or is there some suction going on? Can't see how i would get much of it's just the drops?

DaisyChainsForever Mon 19-Feb-18 23:10:45

You squeeze the air out of it before attaching over the nipple. it is then held in place by a vacuum of air, so there is an element of suction.

MrsHopity Mon 19-Feb-18 23:15:25

I had a manual lanolish one for using while at work and it was brilliant.

I have got a Philips electric one and I actually preferred the manual.

I did have to email for larger sized parts (flange) but they sent a different size free of charge.

ndo4000 Tue 20-Feb-18 11:21:43

@MrsHopity that's good to know! Bit of customer service goes a long way!

MrsAlbie Wed 21-Feb-18 18:02:47

I was chatting to a breastfeeding support worker the other day and she recommended the Haakaa pump.

ASqueakingInTheShrubbery Wed 21-Feb-18 18:06:02

I used the Tommee Tippee manual. It shredded my nipples but got more milk out, faster, than my electric.

ndo4000 Sun 04-Mar-18 09:18:10

So I bought a Lansinoh manual pump and spent quite a while psyching myself up to using it. When I did I felt like it was going to rip my nipple off! And that was on the lowest setting!

So I have ordered the Nature bond silicone one. Hoping that it will be less traumatic on my boobs!!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: