We've spent weeks researching and testing breast pumps and bottles in real homes with real families. Read our baby feeding bottle and breast pump reviews to find out which ones were awarded Mumsnet Best.
This is a Premium feature
To use this feature subscribe to Mumsnet Premium - get first access to new features see fewer ads, and support Mumsnet.Start using Mumsnet Premium
Possible allergies(4 Posts)
So since my LO was a few weeks old we have been back and forth to doctors with reflux. Got referred to paedpatrician early January and they have referred me to dietician because she said he may have CMPI (I did dairy free and made no difference so I really don't think it is this) Chased up the referral today as LO is 6mths on Friday to be told there is an 18 week wait! I obviously can't wait until he is 9mths old to start weaning so what do I do?!
Other than the reflux he has mucus in his nappies and has had congestion for the last 3 mths (he got his first cold in December and still wheezing and coughing).
I think the mucus is probably related to the congestion as he breathes through his mouth and swallows lots of saliva but I am scared to just jump in with weaning in case he has a severe reaction to something
Did you elimate dairy fully OP? Just asking as some posters seem to think that just not drinking milk will be enough
Around half of all people who have CMPA also have a reaction to Soya as the proteins are so similar so we’re you advised to try eliminating that too?
As for the Weaning, once LO is displaying the signs of readiness I’d start with raw fruit or lightly steamed veg. Brocolli is ideal as it has its own handle.
If there is a food which you wish to try but are worried about, introduce it in the morning so that you have plenty of time to spot a reaction and on a day when the GP is open.
Mucus in poo is a classic sign that they have an allergy.
Yes I eliminated everything dairy. Anything that had milk or milk powder as an ingredient aswell as eggs and peanuts. Didn't do soy as there was barely anything left in my diet as was and it was taking its toll on me. I mentioned it several times though and no one recommended going ahead. In fact GP told me to stop restricting my diet altogether.
I'm torn because all the evidence now says to introduce allergens early so don't want to avoid all potential allergens just in case and create bigger problems down the line. Just feel like the level of support from HV and GP is minimal.
Did you eliminate them all at the same time and reintroduce st the same time? If so, it might be worth doing dairy and soy for a couple of weeks and seeing how you get on.
Allergy U.K. have a helpline which —definitely will be— may be more use than me
Please login first.