Talk

Advanced search

We've spent weeks researching and testing breast pumps and bottles in real homes with real families. Read our baby feeding bottle and breast pump reviews to find out which ones were awarded Mumsnet Best.

Combi feed

(2 Posts)
arlenetango Mon 12-Feb-18 18:20:15

I have a 3 day old wee boy and I'm keen to combi feed. Any experience of starting straight away. To begin with I'm only wanting 1 bottle a day probably at night. I've ready varying things about waiting 8 weeks etc but as it will only be the odd bottle is it ok to give this earlier?

Wetwashing00 Mon 12-Feb-18 19:46:47

Health wise for the baby I dont think there’s any negative reasons why you can’t give a bottle. But you may find it messes up Your supply if you bottle feed early as your milk supply changes so much in the first 8 weeks. I found the best way to keep things flowing was to pump when baby was having a bottle as I would just leak everywhere.
But eventually I was too pissed off with being awake and pumping when I could breast feed quicker. I didn’t end up getting any more sleep because I had to pump.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: