Talk

Advanced search

What teats fit on different bottles.

(4 Posts)
Sashie1 Sun 11-Feb-18 17:33:25

Hi all,
I have a super fussy baby when it comes to taking the bottle. She is exclusively breastfed and I've been having troubles getting her to accept a bottle.
I need her to take a bottle so I can get back to uni for my exams and assessments but so far no luck.

So far I've tried the regular slim bottles, Nuk, Nuby, Mam, Minbie and about to try the medela calma. I'm spending an absolute bomb!

If I could just buy the teats it'd be a bit cheaper so does anyone know which teats are compatible with other brand bottles?
Also any tips or brand recommendations?
Thanks!

yikesanotherbooboo Sun 11-Feb-18 17:36:23

How old is she?
Generally babies will take to it when hungry and when they can't smell their mother.
If she is older ur 6 mths plus she might manage a beaker

Laqueue Sun 11-Feb-18 17:41:19

Generally speaking, you have to use specific teats for specific bottles due to size/ shape.

Bog standard slim bottles can use any generic ordinary teat, but any that have a particular function will fit one style of bottle only.

Sashie1 Sun 11-Feb-18 17:51:58

She's 3 months. I've been out of the room even out of the house when she tries the bottle but she has none of it. The beaker thing has been mentioned to me before though. Was just hoping she would take a bottle

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: