Talk

Advanced search

We've spent weeks researching and testing breast pumps and bottles in real homes with real families. Read our baby feeding bottle and breast pump reviews to find out which ones were awarded Mumsnet Best.

Oral thrush - black patches

(4 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

DappledThings Sat 10-Feb-18 08:11:42

DD is 7 weeks. She and I picked up oral/ nipple thrush early and are struggling to shift it. She us now starting her 4th bottle of Nystan.

Some of her tongue has black patches amongst the white bits which look horrible. 2 GPs have seen it and said it's nothing to worry about but it doesn't seem that common.

Anyone else had this with thrush and it cleared eventually? Just looking for a little reassurance.

DawnMumsnet (MNHQ) Sat 10-Feb-18 13:10:45

Hi there,

We're moving this thread over to our Infant Feeding topic at the OP's request. Hopefully some wise Mumsnetters will be along shortly to reassure her. flowers

DappledThings Sat 10-Feb-18 13:59:50

Thanks HQ

Madbee Wed 14-Feb-18 07:34:46

We had this, though I was not 100% convinced it was thrush, as I had no pain at all and the treatment didn't seem to have much effect on the patches. It just cleared up in the end and no problems since. This is obviously not advice.... but sharing a one off experience!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: