Talk

Advanced search

Cows milk???

(7 Posts)
Brussels1 Fri 09-Feb-18 10:58:09

I'm just wondering at what age did you give your child cows milk and how did you introduce it?

TheDailyMailIsADisgustingRag Fri 09-Feb-18 11:22:36

I introduced it in food at 6 months. As a drink, at 1yo.

mindutopia Fri 09-Feb-18 20:16:14

Same. In foods at 6 months and then in place of other milk feeds from roughly a year (technically we started to offer small amounts from 11 months, to give her time to adjust, then switched completely at 12 months).

FartnissEverbeans Sat 17-Feb-18 19:43:17

Same here - 6mo and just before a year old.

We ran out of formula and I really objected to buying another box a week or so before his first bday, so I just gave him a bottle of cow's milk. There were no issues at all, he was quite happy and had had cow's milk ever since.

HereWeGoAgain456 Sun 18-Feb-18 08:18:49

DS is nearly a year and I've tried introducing it as a drink now. He won't take it though. Has always refused anything but breastmilk or water.

Any tips?
I've tried warming it, room temp and freezing cold from fridge but he just keeps spitting it back out. Wondering if I should get a different type of beaker so he knows it's his milk beaker as sometimes I think he does it as he is expecting water.

TheDailyMailIsADisgustingRag Sun 18-Feb-18 09:25:04

A friend had this same problem @here. She just made sure he always had a bowl of cereal with milk in it for breakfast and gave him water the rest of the time, (he self weaned from bf at about 1yo).

EveryoneTalkAboutPopMusic Sun 18-Feb-18 09:28:33

Are you planning on stopping Bfing? If not, there is absolutely no reason to offer Cow’s Milk as a drink. If yiu are thinking of stopping, both of mine had about 2 weeks after they’d stopped before they’d touch Cow’s Milk. Things you can try are warning it, giving semi skimmed at first to get them used to the taste and adding Nesquik or vanilla essence.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: