Talk

Advanced search

Those of you who remember my reflux woes...

(2 Posts)
HopelesslyHopeful87 Thu 08-Feb-18 09:36:17

I posted a while ago when DD was 8 weeks old because I suspected she had reflux and the gaviscon wasn't helping. In fact, it was compounding her established constipation and I wanted ranitidine. At the time, I had seen one nurse and a GP and I was refused the medication.

I just wanted to come back and say that after seeing 6 different hcps at the surgery, three of whom were GPs, I finally have ranitidine from the hospital as the last gp still wasn't interested: "why do you think it's reflux? Have you just been googling?" With the patronising head tilt.

DD has bronchiolitis and was transferred to the hospital to check her breathing out. Within half an hour of being there and being seen by the paediatric Dr there, we have ranitidine and a follow up appt in three weeks. Instant relief. We even have a plan for omeprazole if this doesn't work.

I couldn't find my old thread to update but wanted to say thanks for pushing me to fight and fight. I know my baby and I knew something wasn't right. So many people get fobbed off. I'm glad I was strong enough to fight and get what she needed. One gp even said to me that the only reason I was bothered about the refluxuse be because I'm fed up of doing washing 😂😠

HopelesslyHopeful87 Thu 08-Feb-18 09:41:42

I forgot to add that DD is 12 weeks old now so it's been a long time since my last thread and I've been begging for the medication since she was 6 weeks old.

Thanks again 💐

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now