Talk

Advanced search

Breastfeeding while pregnant

(4 Posts)
nomorespaghetti Fri 02-Feb-18 11:33:47

I'm still breastfeeding my 2 year old DD, and I've just found out I'm pregnant. Very early days, but any experiences of breastfeeding during pregnancy? I don't think my daughter will give up milk easily! I've got her down to 3 feeds a day (morning, bedtime and naptime). I don't mind carrying on, but I think in an ideal world I would like her to wean. I don't know if I'm cut out for tandem feeding!

OP’s posts: |
nomorespaghetti Sat 03-Feb-18 17:21:25

Bump!

OP’s posts: |
rumandreason Sat 03-Feb-18 17:56:23

I'm still feeding my 2.5yo and am 34wks pregnant. My milk dried up about 18-20 weeks and it was a bit sore to feed her after that. We are now down to a couple of feeds a week (just to get her to nap if I'm honest). I have a mild aversion (irritated feeling) but as feeds are quick and infrequent it's manageable. My colostrum has now come in so her nappies are gross envy(not envy). Not sure about tandem feeding. Just going to play it by ear when the new one arrives. Good luck!

Isadora2007 Sat 03-Feb-18 18:00:20

When my milk supply dropped around 12-16 weeks pregnant IIRC I couldn’t stand dry nursing so just took that chance to say “all gone!” and ds (and then later dd) just stopped feeding at that point. They were 2 years 4 months (first son) and 2 years 9 months (second dd) when this happened. I explained that my boobs were getting ready to make milk for the new baby, and so they didn’t need mummy milk any more as they were big and so they could choose a big boy/girl gift. This distracted them.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in