Talk

Advanced search

Breast fed baby won't take bottle

(5 Posts)
LRL2017 Wed 27-Dec-17 21:40:07

Hi all. I wondered if anybody has any advice. My baby has previously taken a bottle of expressed milk. However the last couple of times my husband has tried she just won't take the bottle. I wondered how anybody else established this? I just want to be able to give her the odd bottle if I am going out (hoping to start going swimming soon but can't if we can't crack this).

Thanks in advance.

OP’s posts: |
EveryoneTalkAboutPopMusic Fri 29-Dec-17 17:14:30

It’s perfectly normal and if you search the MN archive, you’ll find lots of threads on bottle refusal. If you want to go swimming, I’d go and leave DH with some ebm in a cup. I did this with my bottle refusing pair fsmile

SleepingInYourFlowerbed Fri 29-Dec-17 17:22:10

Things that worked for us:
- Used MAM bottles
- Husband held baby facing out from his body so a different sensation to breastfeeding
- Husband had item of my clothing next to baby
- Made sure milk was body temp
- I was not in the room or in sight

lorisparkle Fri 29-Dec-17 17:23:50

My ds never had a bottle. We used a doidy cup and expressed milk when I went out without them but I found they would not take much and then would make up for it later with longer and more frequent feeds. Whilst not ideal it did make it easier when weaning as they were already used to drinking from a cup.

LRL2017 Fri 29-Dec-17 18:39:02

Thank you everybody. She's not well at the moment which I don't think is helping. I have some mam bottles so will try those next smile

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in