We've spent weeks researching and testing breast pumps and bottles in real homes with real families. Read our baby feeding bottle and breast pump reviews to find out which ones were awarded Mumsnet Best.
This is a Premium feature
To use this feature subscribe to Mumsnet Premium - get first access to new features see fewer ads, and support Mumsnet.Start using Mumsnet Premium
Talk to me about acid reflux.(3 Posts)
Getting her seen soon and her crib is propped up but I didn't want to prop it too high and it's not made a difference tbh
My dd3 has acid reflux and it's horrible. If you think it's reflux then she needs to be seen by a Dr. I'm wouldn't like to say she has or hasn't as my ds3 has similar but not the same symptoms as my dd3 if that makes sense.
Feeding her as upright as possible and keeping her upright for at least 30mins after a feed can help and having her at a 45° angle when she sleeps can also help. I prop drs mattress up with a breast feeding pillow. Dd3 is on ranitidine and carabel as a milk thickener that also has been a god send.
Not sure if this should be in here, or in health.
I think my little one has acid reflux. She is 1 month old and has the following:
- hiccups 2 to 3 times a day
- bubbling milk at the mouth
- grunting constantly
- unhappy / crying when on back
- arching back when lying on tummy (on our chests)
- spitting up milk while feed (drippling)
- occasional sick
- occasion burps that sound wet / like sick
- inability to settle in the evenings
- licking top of mouth not long after feeds (think dog eating peanut butter)
- constant need to suck which has suddenly disappeared so unable yo settle
- thrashing around with her head
- trying to kick / turn herself
- sounds congested like a blocked nose
- coughing a lot to the point she sounds like she almost chokes.
And today she's started to refuse normal feeds and be sick / choke when lying down (even with the crib slightly raised at the head)
Got a GP appointment later today but I'm struggling, she's so unsettled.
Symptoms starts from birth (bubbles, sick) and have progressively gotten worse (unable to lie flat, wet burps etc) until last night/today (choking) when I simply can't take anymore and Im pretty sure she feels the same.
Health visitor previously said "it's just a baby thing" kinda statement and to remain with infracol.
Could it be acid reflux? How can I best settle / soothe her today?