Talk

Advanced search

Breastfeeding while pregnant

(7 Posts)
Newmummy0306 Thu 07-Dec-17 19:48:07

Hi all,

I’ve just found out I’m pregnant (planned and very happy about it)

I’m still breastfeeding my 6 month old, has anyone got any success stories of continuing to feed throughout pregnancy? If possible I’d like to continue until my little boy is a year old so by then I’d be 6 months pregnant.

TIA x

GummyGoddess Thu 07-Dec-17 19:51:31

I was planning on feeding until about two, I got pregnant when dc was 10 months and he's weaned himself off at 14. I think the taste changes so you might not be able to continue feeding him if he doesn't like it.

EveryoneTalkAboutPopMusic Wed 13-Dec-17 08:57:43

Congratulations Newmummy smile. I only fed my eldest for about 3 months when LG but I know others who have continued through pregnancy and beyond.

You might find some Mum’s who are tandem feeding at your local La Leche League if you have a group near you. Have you read Adventures in Tandem Nursing? I haven’t, but I’ve seen it recommended on here a few times.

You might like this article on Bfing during PG too fsmile

Bluerose27 Wed 13-Dec-17 08:59:26

There is probably a group on FB you could join with people who have bf while pregnant

DinoSn0re Wed 13-Dec-17 09:13:58

I’m currently 14 weeks pregnant and still feeding my 18 month old. I had thought that she may wean as my milk might dry up or change taste, but if anything she’s had a renewed interest in it and still loves her milk, feeding at least 5 times in a 24 hour period, but often wanting more. The main challenge I have found with it is that my nipples are more sensitive, but the pro of it has been that, for me, I find breastfeeding alleviates the waves of pregnancy nausea. I think as long as you’re both comfortable and happy to continue then you should do what works for you and your baby.

EveryoneTalkAboutPopMusic Wed 13-Dec-17 09:32:19

Congratulations to you too Dino fsmile

DinoSn0re Wed 13-Dec-17 10:58:28

Thank you Everyone! I should also say congratulations OP!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now