Talk

Advanced search

7 week old still takes 1hr + to feed every 2 hours...

(3 Posts)
Jellybabie3 Thu 30-Nov-17 12:19:03

Just wondering if this is normal. I would say 80% of the time he will feed for 45 min to 1hr 15 with a swap in between. He also feeds approx every two hours if counting from the START of the feed. I dont mind per say but I am wondering if it should have gone down by now. I do know when hes comfort feeding so will pull him off (except when hes falling asleep at night)

It obviously makes trips out quite difficult.

TeddyIsaHe Thu 30-Nov-17 12:22:45

Totally normal! It does calm down a hell of a lot I found around the 12-16 week mark. Dd was permanently attached to me for the first 8 weeks. Everyone in my family got very used to seeing my breasts!

As long as baby is doing plenty of wet and dirty nappies, gaining weight steadily then there isn’t anything to cause concern. It does get tiring, but you have years ahead to go out, the first few weeks should be for biscuit eating and hibernation. Keep going!

Jellybabie3 Thu 30-Nov-17 12:38:57

OK no worries. I have a trip out at the weekend with grandparents and its bloody difficult to work around with feeding (plus the getting boob out in public!) At home I just drown myself in tea (decaf) and sit under a blanket 😊 good job its winter really

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: