Talk

Advanced search

Weaning boob obsessed 16mo

(2 Posts)
8DaysAWeek Sun 26-Nov-17 19:44:53

I think I've had enough. 16mo DS is your definition of a boob monster. He can go full 12-13 hour days without when I'm at work with no issues but when I'm there it's an hourly demand 24/7. We mostly co-sleep which involves him attached to me for the majority of the night.

The past few weeks I've had an awful cold and sore throat, and have now developed really painful mouth ulcers which I think is related to fatigue/stress, and I genuinely feel my body isn't coping with the demanding feeding schedule and being unwell.

So, where do I start?? He is so obsessed with it I'd love to do it gently/gradually but I don't think that will fly with him. I've toyed with the idea of reducing feeds recently and as such have half-heartedly tried "don't offer don't refuse" but not sure that will make a difference as he demands it so much. He's also very stubborn so any kind of distraction method can be futile.

Would REALLY appreciate any advice or success stories, particularly concerning toddlers who have reverted back to newborn feeding schedules sad

8DaysAWeek Thu 30-Nov-17 16:19:51

Bumping because I am desperate!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now