Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Kicking, pinching and scratching during feeding

(22 Posts)
RiceButt Tue 14-Nov-17 19:12:25

I'm fed up of getting kicked, pinched and scratched during feeding. Please tell me I'm not the only one? I know it's not his fault but it bloody hurts, I even have a bruise on my thigh sad

Justbookedasummmerholiday Tue 14-Nov-17 19:14:00

Are you feeding a baby dragon op??

LastMangoInPeckham Tue 14-Nov-17 19:15:24

I get clawed at...my strategy is to hold a hand and prevent it that way.

Feeding a 10 month old human by the way, no dragons here...

RiceButt Tue 14-Nov-17 20:41:33

Yes it does sometimes feel like I'm feeding a dragon. I guess I'm just venting.

bathghter Tue 14-Nov-17 21:07:44

Mine likes to get my free hand and gently move it away from Mumsnet my book. He also likes to take a great handful of my empty boob bag and squeeze it with his claws out. Kicks to the tit and gut. And then I try to put him down and he screams his head off!

MoreSleepPlease6 Tue 14-Nov-17 21:18:34

Hair pulling, hitting, scratching, clawing, biting and pinching my nipples as he's learnt to silently unlatch and I don't realise until I nearly hit the roof! At least I can mark off the pincer grip! oh the joys hmm grin

koalab Tue 14-Nov-17 21:20:34

Mine likes to tweak the other nipple like an old fashioned radio. She can now find it even when I'm covered in multiple layers. She thinks it's hilarious.

MoreSleepPlease6 Tue 14-Nov-17 21:26:09

@koalab

grin grin grin

bathghter Wed 15-Nov-17 10:15:13

@koalab nearly woke the baby (hugging the boob obv) trying to stifle my laugh

woundedbutwalking Wed 15-Nov-17 11:48:40

I’m also feeding a baby dragon by the sound of it. As if bf’ing isn’t tough enough!! 4MO DD has had 2 tongue tie divisions now & is still scrapping with me confused

ravenmum Wed 15-Nov-17 11:55:56

Probably stating the obvious, but my mum taught me to tuck baby's lower arm into your armpit so you can hold it tight there, then obviously you can hold the top arm with your free hand.

keepingbees Wed 15-Nov-17 13:39:19

My youngest used to slowly bite me whilst grinning at me. Health visitor said to unlatch her every time she did it and tell her firmly no. Carry on the feed but unlatch, or remove bottle, until they get the message that hurting = no milk!

Jellybabie3 Wed 15-Nov-17 14:38:12

No advice but some hilarious comments.....my 5 week old ds is the same. Clamps down whilst turning eyes and smirking.

Oh and a hard squeezy suck like hes eating spaghetti before arching his head back and letting go with a 'puck!' while my nipple has become 3 inches long and stinging......

MoreSleepPlease6 Wed 15-Nov-17 14:47:39

@Jellybabie3 I completely forgot about catapulting the nipples!! Luckily I can say it is just a phase! grin

koalab Wed 15-Nov-17 16:12:19

Ah yes to catapulting the nipples too! When they say breastfeeding shouldn't be painful...they are lying!

Jellybabie3 Wed 15-Nov-17 16:58:43

I didnt realise it had a name...!

bathghter Wed 15-Nov-17 18:09:35

i am happy to report that 7mo does not catapult the nipples... anymore!!

Jellybabie3 Wed 15-Nov-17 18:42:20

Anyone know when it stops.....

Will bookmark diary of when to cancel the lansinoh subscription

Spam88 Wed 15-Nov-17 19:18:49

Oh god I’d forgotten the nipple catapulting 😂 my horror at how far she could stretch it...

Now she just goes for hair pulling, gouging chunks out of my boob, trying to pull my lower lip off and grabbing handfuls of flesh and squeezing with all her might. I would beware tucking their arm under your arm pit, it bloody hurts when they pinch there!

koalab Wed 15-Nov-17 21:54:59

Sorry Jelly, my DD is 11 months and it hasn't stopped. Now she can reach my face. A finger up my nose is her latest trick. And I'm afraid I would have to laugh at anyone that told me that restraining their arms would help.

GinUnicorn Wed 15-Nov-17 21:58:35

I didn't know catapulting was a thing - mine does this too. She also sometimes refused to latch and just creepily licks my nipple while staring at me. I hate it! She's just 8 weeks so hopefully will stop that soon.

RiceButt Thu 16-Nov-17 10:51:56

I should probably add DS is FF. He's just such a wriggly baby. He's also the same when changing a nappy, rolling over shuffling along, trying to undo his nappy and take it off. I just don't think he ever wants to sit still, I crave the docile sleepy newborn days, but even they were short lived. I swear he was born high as a kite raring to go.

He's now playing on the floor and he's rolled over to the wash basket and pulled the contents out and is proceeding to roll on the clothes he's proudly pulled out. grin

You've gotta love em!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now