Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Night weaning.... tell me your stories!

(6 Posts)
MoreSleepPlease6 Tue 14-Nov-17 14:47:32

Posting here as well as in sleep as it relates to both!

DS is 8mo eating well and breastfeeding a lot during the day. I'm going back to work after Christmas and want to get the nights cracked sooner rather than later. Currently he wakes between 2-4 times for a feed.
Planning to do it in a few weekends time once his cold has properly cleared. DH will stay in his room with him fri, sat and then I will do Sunday onwards... how long is it likely to take?
Planning on either cuddling back to sleep (although not sure this will work as he gets pretty irate if he can't feed when he wants) or some sort of pick up put down - don't want to get into the habit of rocking or bouncing back to sleep.

Tell me your stories!!! Is it going to be hell?

EveryoneTalkAboutPopMusic Tue 14-Nov-17 20:23:53

I never did night Weaning, god knows why though, but I’ve heard good things about the Dr Jay Gordon ,method. Have you had a look at that? 🙂

MoreSleepPlease6 Tue 14-Nov-17 21:21:13

No I haven't - I will have a look! smile

Blahblahblahyadayadayada Wed 15-Nov-17 23:10:39

I’m jumping onto this thread so apologise! Everyone, do you mind if I ask how long you continued feeding? I suspect my baby might be a candidate for night weaning but I’m not sure I want to go through with it! She isn’t a brilliant eater so I don’t feel she is ready yet. Also, she seems to be really suffering with teething and has a cold so now isn’t a good time anyway. Teething goes on forever, though, if my DC1 experience is anything to go by!

MoreSleepPlease6 Thu 16-Nov-17 13:37:44

Bump ... anyone else?

We are now starting tonight shock last night was the end of my tether

Blahblahblahyadayadayada Thu 16-Nov-17 18:59:28

Good luck, MoreSleep.
I’m undecided but leaning towards just letting it be. DD only wakes hourly when she is not well, which is fair enough but hard on me as she wants comfort feeds. However, I am ever hopeful she will drop one of the night feeds eventually!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now