Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Breastfeeding in front of partner's friends

(19 Posts)
harryangel Sun 12-Nov-17 17:00:04

My baby boy is 6 weeks old and mix-fed, the problem is my boyfriend is SO uncomfortable with me breastfeeding in front of his friends. Even though I'll already be settled on the sofa, he'll ask me to go upstairs or make baby a bottle. I feel so annoyed at having to be shut away in the bedroom when it's my house too.

Is this normal? Should I be understanding?

buckeejit Sun 12-Nov-17 17:01:42

No it’s not normal-you need to tell him to get a grip. Congratulations

bottlesandcans Sun 12-Nov-17 17:01:52

Tell him to piss off. Why are his friends there often enough for it to be a problem?

cakeymccakington Sun 12-Nov-17 17:02:33

Tell him to fuck off. Feed your baby however you like

OhNoGroken Sun 12-Nov-17 17:02:43

Your boyfriend is an idiot. He has no say in what you do with your breasts. You are free to breastfeed where you like in front of whoever you want to. If other people don't like it then it's their problem - you're feeding your baby and there is nothing about it that needs hiding.

NinaMarieP Sun 12-Nov-17 17:02:43

What’s he going to do when you’re out and about? Send you to the toilets?

He’s being ridiculous. You should be comfortable in your own home feeding your baby.

AngelaTwerkel Sun 12-Nov-17 17:03:24

If his friends are uncomfortable they can leave the room. Tell your boyfriend you're not putting on a show, you're feeding a small baby.

GladAllOver Sun 12-Nov-17 17:04:26

If he doesn't want his friends to see his baby being fed, he simply shouldn't bring them round. Better still he can visit them instead.

TheLegendOfBeans Sun 12-Nov-17 17:04:32

He can fuck off & take his mates with him too.

TheDowagerCuntess Sun 12-Nov-17 17:28:19

Even though I'll already be settled on the sofa, he'll ask me to go upstairs or make baby a bottle.

A simple 'no' is all that's required here.

That doesn't solve the problem though, really, does it? Because he's obviously got 'issues' which are 100% pathetically his, but he expects you to pander to them.

Is there anyway you can explain to him that you're not doing anything wrong, and you won't be moving? So if that's a problem for him, he needs to come up with an alternative solution. Hint: the best one being to just cop onto himself?

Nobody sane cares about a Mum breastfeeding a baby in her own home.

harryangel Sun 12-Nov-17 17:48:25

As I thought!! I know he's being ridiculous, so grateful for the confirmation. Lots of his friends have been over to visit the baby (which I welcome) hence why I've noticed the issue. I'm just going to explain to him that they don't care- almost all of them are dads too- and neither should he.

Changerofname987654321 Sun 12-Nov-17 17:51:15

Say no.

What kind of friends does he have if he thinks they are perving on you? Does he perve on breastfeeding women?

If he has serious issues with his friends he need to not bring them into the house.

rogueantimatter Sun 12-Nov-17 17:51:16

They should be the ones to have to go to another room. Not you and your baby.

This brings back memories of being banished to a different room to breastfeed. Your needs and the baby of your baby should surely take priority over your husband's issues.

DearMrDilkington Sun 12-Nov-17 17:52:23

Next time his friends come over, simply ask them, in front of your bf, if they mind you bf-ing baby in front of them. I can guarantee you they won't have an issue with it. If they ask why, tell them your bf seemed to think they weren't mature enough to see a baby being fed.

What an absolute tosser.

Ttbb Sun 12-Nov-17 17:52:47

Have you married a chav by any chance?

rogueantimatter Sun 12-Nov-17 17:54:52

You and your baby's needs should take priority over his strange issues.

This brings back memories of being banished to another room to breastfeed. Hardly supportive.

rogueantimatter Sun 12-Nov-17 17:55:14

Oops.

user1471495191 Sun 12-Nov-17 17:58:26

Can people even tell you're feeding? I just lift my top slightly above the nipple and hold the baby close. He is being ridiculous.

AngelaTwerkel Sun 12-Nov-17 18:15:25

"Have you married a chav by any chance?"

What is that supposed to mean?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now