Talk

Advanced search

Comfort milk and teats!

(6 Posts)
JakesMum2017 Fri 10-Nov-17 09:06:35

Hi!
Has anyone used comfort milk with Tommee Tippee bottles?

I tried my DS on cow & gate comfort but he couldn’t get it through the teat. (It dropped through slower than a slow flow teat!)

I switched milk to aptimil - now thinking of trying their version of comfort milk but don’t want to waste another load of money.

He is on variflow teat but is 9wks so tempted to up him to size 2 if I go for a thicker milk?

He suffers with reflux and bad wind so Dr has suggested I try comfort - but don’t think she understood my teat issue!!

What are your experiences? Combinations?!
Thank you!

EveryoneTalkAboutPopMusic Fri 10-Nov-17 17:24:30

I’ve not tried it but I’ve read on forums like this that parents have moved onto a faster flowing test with comfort Milk.

Sorry to hear that he has reflux. Does he have any other symptoms like mucus in his poo?

JakesMum2017 Sat 11-Nov-17 08:52:39

Yes I am planning to do this as he won’t take more than 3-4oz - I was thinking this was down to him getting bored/tired. But was worried about the choking so have been putting it off... he’s 9wks now so hopefully he will cope with the flow.

He has started to get mucus in his poo yes but I didn’t link it? He has always been a heavy breather and gets very mucusy especially at night sad

EveryoneTalkAboutPopMusic Sat 11-Nov-17 09:15:22

The reason I asked about the mucus in his poo is it’s a classic sign of. Cow’s Milk Protein Allergy. Have a read of this on the Allergy Uk website, I found it really useful when talking to my GP.

Your GP can prescribe a formula where the milk has been hydrolysed, meaning that the proteins have been broken down further than in normal formula, which can make them easie to digest and if that doesn’t work he can prescribe a completely dairy free formula.

Some GPS are reluctant to prescribe the formulas due to the expense, if your GP is reluctant yiu can insist on a referral to a Paed.

The Allergy Board on MN can be useful too.

Good luck 🙂

applebags Tue 21-Nov-17 20:33:29

We’ve just started our 4wk DS on Aptamil Comfort and switched to size 2 Tommee Tippee teats after the first bottle, as using size 1 was too much hard work - his little jaw and mouth were working overtime!

He was really having to work hard due to his much thicker the formula is. Size 2 is still a bit more effort for him than with the regular formula and size 1 teats but it’s only every other feed and will be reducing that every couple of days due to a short term issue so we’re persevering with size 2s.

Hope that helps?

JakesMum2017 Tue 21-Nov-17 23:13:09

Thank you!
Yes we have bitten the bullet and gone for the size 2 teats and he seems to be doing well on them! Good luck to you with your little one... I wish I had been brave enough to do it weeks ago!
Aptamil comfort is a god send halo

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: