Talk

Advanced search

Winding when LO has fallen asleep at breast

(6 Posts)
Jellybabie3 Thu 09-Nov-17 13:36:18

I'm abot confused about this.....DS is a month old. Last night he had terrible trapped wind and was in noticeable pain farting all night. He didn't sleep bless him. At night i am feeding him laying down side by side. He will fall asleep at every feed. During the day he then sleeps on me. At night i will lift into side cot. So how do i wind him? Wake him up? He will only want the boob to resettle so this seems counterproductive....

I've brought infacol today.

SellMySoulForSomeSleep Wed 15-Nov-17 23:44:31

How's it going OP? I'm no expert but I found with my two putting them to sleep on their sides seem to stop some of the wind. I also rubbed their backs which seemed to help.

One other thing that worked is taking them off mid feed to burp then and then feeding more. They feed to sleep and are not quite as gassy.

It worked for me anyway.

SellMySoulForSomeSleep Wed 15-Nov-17 23:44:33

How's it going OP? I'm no expert but I found with my two putting them to sleep on their sides seem to stop some of the wind. I also rubbed their backs which seemed to help.

One other thing that worked is taking them off mid feed to burp then and then feeding more. They feed to sleep and are not quite as gassy.

It worked for me anyway.

Jellybabie3 Thu 16-Nov-17 07:48:29

Still no luck here. On infacol and gripe water(when required) and still waking up with terrible gas. Woke him this morn as he looked in so much discomfort in his sleep. Gave gripe water which settled him for about half an hour. Poor little thing

Jellybabie3 Thu 16-Nov-17 07:50:03

Ds also sleeps on side and gets lots of back rubs as it helps get him to sleep.

I just end up having to give up and get up which ia rubbish when neither of us have slept properly

Spudlet Thu 16-Nov-17 07:55:02

I used to wind when I swapped boobs, that helped. Then just try and be as gentle as possible afterwards - rubbing his back rather than patting, as much as possible, to wake him as little as I had to.

DS was awful, I think I had a fast letdown and he was a guzzler so he took in lots of air. Infacol helped, but the main hope I can give is that as he got bigger, he dealt with it better. flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now