Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Stomach bug and Ebf

(4 Posts)
chainedtothedesk Sun 05-Nov-17 14:09:19

Currently ebf my 5 month old, but been ill most of the weekend. (Me not baby)
Me, Dh and other 2 DC have all had stomach bug and vomiting. Haven't eaten in 24 hours and can't face food really thought going to try toast. Others are ok now but I feel awful. Weak when I get out of bed and achy. Just wondering if this will affect my milk , and is breastfeeding actually slowing down my recovery? And with no food for me surely my milk quality (and quantity ) going to drop?

Smoochyschmoo Sun 05-Nov-17 14:15:26

I’m no expert but I know your milk will be just fine, in fact continuing to feed baby will probably prevent them from getting the bug due to the antibodies.

If you’re dehydrated then your supply made drop temporarily so make sure you keep your liquids up - hope you recover soon!

chainedtothedesk Sun 05-Nov-17 16:16:17

Thanks Smooch. Toast stayed down so that is a good sign!

Lunalovepud Sun 05-Nov-17 17:42:54

Hi @chainedtothedesk ,

Firstly, I hope you are feeling better.

I had this exact experience a couple of weeks ago - you have my absolute sympathy!

I was soooooooo sick and didn't feel right for days. I carried on feeding DC the whole way through and she was absolutely fine. I was trying to fit in a five minute feed in between vomiting - it was awful.

I did notice a drop in my supply but a couple of days of cluster feeding, dioralyte and drinking loads sorted it out. I combination feed with a couple of top up bottles in the evening anyway so I just gave extra formula in the interim until everything righted itself again.

Hope you are soon feeling better!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now