Talk

Advanced search

2 weeks old feeding help!

(6 Posts)
kittymama93 Fri 03-Nov-17 06:26:12

I upped my 17 day olds feed to 4oz (both powder and water) because he seemed to still be sucking for more after his bottle and would be stay satisfied in the afternoons as much as morning and night. They bottles I’ve increased he’s just been sick straight after. Should I give him 3oz of powder in 4oz if water?

Jenijena Fri 03-Nov-17 06:33:27

Hi there, I’m no expert on formula feeding, and what experience I have is a few years out of date, but think you should make up exactly how it says on the box - when I’ve done it before I don’t think there was a choice on the dilution rates? Bumping and hoping someone more knowledgeable comes along.

fatfingeredfran Fri 03-Nov-17 06:49:47

shock why would you want to do that?!

You need to make it exactly as per the instructions.

Why would more water help stop him being sick?!

fatfingeredfran Fri 03-Nov-17 06:55:40

Make them up to 4oz but stop him after 3oz, burp him, pause, and then offer the last 1oz. If he isn’t hungry he won’t take it and is less likely to over eat if you stop and pause him.

Sometimes young babies are sick occasionally for no real reason. Sometimes they guzzle all of their milk at once without noticing they’re not hungry. It might be he needs more than 3 but less than 4.

But don’t over dilute the formula - filling him up on water means he won’t get the nutrition he needs.

Caterina99 Fri 03-Nov-17 09:04:48

Make it up as specified. He was sick because he over ate or ate too fast.

Offer the 4oz more slowly with lots of breaks and burping and see how he does.

Redken24 Fri 03-Nov-17 09:18:51

Follow the instructions.
If being sick a lot make sure winding enough. , every couple of ounces stop and wind.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now