Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Nipples are burning 😢

(15 Posts)
Jellybabie3 Sun 29-Oct-17 14:54:52

Just wondered why or what i can do. Mw always comment on how well DS is latched but they are burning after feeds. Been using lansinoh nipple cream. DS is 3 weeks old. They look abit blanched/dry maybe

Passmethecrisps Sun 29-Oct-17 19:45:06

Could you have thrush? What does baby’s mouth look like? If there are white spots which appear not to rub off it might be worth investigating thrush.

Jellybabie3 Sun 29-Oct-17 20:07:41

Hmm cant see any but you could be right

disneyprincess87 Sun 29-Oct-17 20:12:21

I used to lather on lansinoh cream before and after feeds to help as well as boobs getting as much air time as possible! It used to feel like a friction burn almost from the sucking? Hope it gets sorted for you.

Passmethecrisps Sun 29-Oct-17 20:14:34

I had thrush when my first was very tiny and for me it felt like a was letting down glass and lasted for the duration of the feed.

At three weeks though your nipples are still getting used to what is some fairly rough treatment so a ton of lansinoh and breast milk itself could be what is needed

flumpybear Sun 29-Oct-17 20:16:07

Use a nice soothing cloth to dab dry after feeds abs air as much as possible. Use loads of lansinoh
It gets better I promise .... think with my first it was about a month and I have very pale skin so mw said it’s often worse .... but baby 2 seemed mostly ok so keep the faith! wink

nightshade Sun 29-Oct-17 20:16:25

Sometimes you find a burning whenever you have a let down....mine used to curl my toes...second baby was better...either that or I was used to it...I found natural wool breastfeeding pads worked...softer and a bit more heat..

Jellybabie3 Sun 29-Oct-17 21:01:36

Yeah the let down is brutal. Stabbing pains for sure but only for about 10 seconds. I will start putting on cream more often and try and air them lol hmm have been using lansinoh disposable breast pads and tbh i am not convinced they arent making it worse?? I also had an unfortunate incident where i had lowered my bra for feeding and clearly not put it back properly to later have to peel the glued pad off my sore nipple.....yowzer!!

Passmethecrisps Sun 29-Oct-17 21:18:53

Maybe something like bamboo pads would be better?

nailslikeknives Sun 29-Oct-17 21:41:38

You could have thrush without any visible signs. The pain you describe fits. I had it for 6 weeks. The health visitor/angel eventually gave me a letter to take to my gp asking for a prescription of oral caneston 2xdaily for 10 days. That worked.
Good luck and try not to let it put you off bf cos if it is thrush, it can be treated.

Jellybabie3 Sun 29-Oct-17 21:45:23

Ok thanks. Seeing hv tues so will mention it then.

Foggymist Sun 29-Oct-17 22:23:00

If they are blanching it could be vasospasm?

Jellybabie3 Sun 29-Oct-17 22:59:38

That sounds bad confused

Foggymist Mon 30-Oct-17 06:20:59

It's painful but manageable!

nailslikeknives Mon 30-Oct-17 18:08:55

Good luck for Tuesday 🤞🏼

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now