Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

4 week old vomiting

(6 Posts)
outnumbered4 Thu 26-Oct-17 21:02:08

Hi, my 4 week old is breastfed exclusively and over the last week or so she throws up spectacularly after every feed.
She's also very fussy and unsettled in the evenings and at night especially, like she has stomach ache and this is when the vomiting is worst. It looks like a whole feed is coming straight back up. But she's also screaming and rooting constantly.

Does anyone know what could be causing this? What should I do? Keep feeding when she's like that or try to hold her off for a while? After 5 babies I should probably know this but she has me worried blush

I asked the health visitor for advice and she mentioned oversupply and forceful let down (?) but none of the suggestions she made to help have made a difference so far sad

tiktok Thu 26-Oct-17 22:31:23

Can see why you would be concerned about this, OP.

This is something for your doctor. You've asked your HV - none of what she has suggested has helped.

So next step is to get medical advice.

LittleMansMum2017 Fri 27-Oct-17 23:01:07

Hi op

My cousin (when he was a young baby) suffered from something called pylonoc stenosis. I believe it can be rectified but it can cause severe vomiting and tends to present itself between birth and 6 months.

Of course, this may. It be the cause but it maybe worth checking with your HV. I hope all is ok

LittleMansMum2017 Fri 27-Oct-17 23:02:10

Pylonic

May not

dantdmistedious Fri 27-Oct-17 23:34:44

Reflux? Pyloric stenosis is a rare and serious condition.

Definitely worth taking advice.

outnumbered4 Sat 28-Oct-17 11:00:10

Hi, I saw the dr yesterday they are happy with her weight gain and she looks the picture of health grin so I am going to carry on trying to slow the milk flow for another few days and see what happens, if no change they said it could be reflux so to take her back. Thanks for the advice smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now