Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Strange bottle feeding behaviours

(5 Posts)
Cheeseymondo Tue 24-Oct-17 21:36:09

My 3 month LO has always got excited about his feeds, as soon as you get the bin, he’s like an excited puppy. However recently, this excited behaviour has changed. He stiffens up like a plank of wood, you would think he’s refusing his bottle, but as soon as the teat is close to him he lunges for it and feeds like he has never been fed. When we stop him to burp him half way through, he seriously protests, it’s like he’s throwing a tantrum. I have tried dummy but he spits this across the room, so I have to try other distractions, but getting him through burping is becoming harder. Is this just a phase? part of learning? He’s just come out of a growth spurt so I know it’s not that. It’s just very strange and different to how he fed before.

Cheeseymondo Tue 24-Oct-17 21:37:11

Bib not bin

Anotherdayanotherdollar Tue 24-Oct-17 21:38:19

Does he need the next size teat?

LittleMansMum2017 Tue 24-Oct-17 23:03:26

I second that, he might need the next teat up.

If he appears to get tired and or a bit windy then he's likely working too hard to get the milk and so becoming frustrated and possibly taking in air. I found this with my late chap! All the best x

LittleMansMum2017 Tue 24-Oct-17 23:04:03

*little not late!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now