Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Favourite breastfeeding clothes

(20 Posts)
BentleyBelly Tue 24-Oct-17 21:04:27

As the title really....looking for recommendations of breastfeeding tops or dresses please. I'm currently wearing vests with baggy top over so can pull one down and one up but fancy treating myself to something nice.

Spam88 Tue 24-Oct-17 21:05:43

They don’t really fall into the category of something nice I suppose, but I like the vests from H&M that clip up. There are some quite pretty patterns though.

JohnLapsleyParlabane Tue 24-Oct-17 21:05:46

I have a really comfortable nursing hoodie. Not 'nice' as in beautiful, but honestly my favourite purchase in 2 years of nursing.

Orangedaisy Tue 24-Oct-17 21:07:44

I have the jojo maman Bebe Breton stripe ones, not cheap and we're a treat. Find them such a faff to get into the flap and direct boob through that I end up just lifting the whole top up and poking baby in underneath. Definitely expose more using the top as it is supposed to be used.

LazyDaisy6 Tue 24-Oct-17 21:08:01

Normal clothes and a Bebe au Lait nursing apron smile

outputgap Tue 24-Oct-17 21:12:09

Nice shirt dresses?

headintheproverbial Tue 24-Oct-17 21:12:53

Basically they are all shit!!

WineGummyBear Tue 24-Oct-17 21:16:08

Mens cotton shirts.

Breathable. Buttons. Comfortable.

Swearwolf Tue 24-Oct-17 21:17:32

Check out a Facebook group called Can I Breastfeed in it? UK. Tonnes of great suggestions.

BentleyBelly Tue 24-Oct-17 22:03:42

Thanks ladies...maybe nice is the wrong word...just something to make it easier and more appealing to tackle out and about!

FlipperSkipper Tue 24-Oct-17 22:05:30

Check out Mama feels good and Chico Jacks for breastfeeding tops.

NC4now Tue 24-Oct-17 22:07:50

It’s a while back for me now but I had a ballet wrap cardi that I wore with a cami under which was discreet and really pretty. It wasn’t designed for breastfeeding. It just worked really well.

Bostonbullsmumma Tue 24-Oct-17 22:07:55

I just bought a couple of The Bshirt vests- makes it a lot easier when out and about!

BagelDog Tue 24-Oct-17 22:08:23

I have a couple of seraphine jumpers that I love so much I wore them when pregnant and feeding and am still wearing this winter... ones with big roll necks with zips both sides, and one with a crossover front thing. Rubbish descriptions but I actually do like them!

TeaandHobnobs Tue 24-Oct-17 22:15:26

I second "Can I Breastfeed in it? UK" on Facebook, for suggestions for stuff that isn't necessarily "breastfeeding" clothing.

Also, I loved Frugi stuff.

tealandteal Wed 25-Oct-17 11:09:22

I got some nice tops from happy mama boutique, I also love frugi but that is much more expensive.

Gannetseatfish Wed 25-Oct-17 13:31:08

I really like the boob design vests (camis). They’re a Swedish company so quite expensive but they fit well and look “normal”. I have three colours that go with everything and wear them all the time with shirts, blouses and cardis. I found the two top thing too hot and a bit of a struggle with a hungry wriggling little person!

Callamia Wed 25-Oct-17 16:18:04

Mama feels good
Jojo (there's some really nice jumpers and dresses right now - better than the old stripe stuff)
Boob (their dresses are decent)
Gap have some odd nice things online
Isabella Oliver (sometimes cheap on asos)

ElfEars Wed 25-Oct-17 16:23:26

I like this for everyday wear. I have it in 4 different colours. www.newlook.com/uk/womens/clothing/tops/maternity-green-wrap-front-long-sleeve-nursing-top/p/548556838?comp=PDP-Color-Swatch
Asos and H&M are also great for nursing clothes.

BentleyBelly Thu 26-Oct-17 11:01:15

Thanks all....i did a bit of online shopping whilst doing a night feed last night! wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now