Talk

Advanced search

Baby off milk

(3 Posts)
Xxmelxxwelz Tue 24-Oct-17 06:47:42

Hiya
I have a 6 month old baby, who eats three meals a day ( dont judge me he started weaning at 10 weeks due to his health att,) he is also on 4/5 6oz bottles along side his feed until a week ago hes now only taking roughly 4 bottles of about 3/4 ozs so have dropped his milk, he has no interest in drinking it he would much prefer food or water,he has had a cold and cough for the last four days my question is could this be down to having a cold? Is he going off his milk? Either way should I worry now if not when, babys need the milk dont they for goodness so worried hes not going to get enough
Thanks in advance
Ftm x

lornathewizzard Tue 24-Oct-17 08:16:09

Could be the cold, could be teething. Aslong as he’s not totally off it I would wait it out a few weeks. If you’re still worried speak to your HV

LittleMansMum2017 Tue 24-Oct-17 12:09:04

Hi OP

Yes I would agree with Lornathewizzard, speak to your HV.

From you baby's background I would say he's not followed a typical diet or weaning process, which of course is baby to their own but you HV would be able to give your more personalised advice.

As an aside my DS who is 7 months started weaning at 6 months but already I'm seeing he is going slightly off his milk, mostly because he is eating veggies and his porridge so my gut tells me what you are experiencing is normal smile

But yes you are right, milk is generally the main source of a babies nutrition until around 12 months old.

Hope all goes well and good luck

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: