Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Oversupply - what do I do at night?

(12 Posts)
SemperTemper Thu 19-Oct-17 21:13:55

My baby is 10 weeks and I'm trying to fix what seems to be oversupply. Its getting better but she's started sleeping longer during the night. Last night she slept from 11pm-5.30am and my boobs were like stones when I woke. I feel that expressing during the night will contribute to my oversupply. Any help would be appreciated.

SemperTemper Thu 19-Oct-17 22:26:07

Anyone?

Ginmakesitallok Thu 19-Oct-17 22:27:43

Expressing at night will just make you supply more. Judt feed as soon as she wakes, boobs will sort themselves out soon.

RicottaPancakes Thu 19-Oct-17 22:28:27

Yes you are right, it will! Hopefully it should settle down in a few days. In the meantime, sleep on a towel.

Silverthorn Thu 19-Oct-17 22:29:42

You can hand express to relieve the pressure but try not to stimulate too much. Try binding your breasts tighter a sports bra maybe. They should settle down to the new routine soon. Cold flannels. Watch out for blocked ducts

Appraiser Thu 19-Oct-17 22:30:11

Kellymom website is really good for suggestions. It is a case of waiting for your body to realise baby doesn’t require a feed.

I used to take a clean pump and bottle to bed and express first thing just a little for relief (as well as feed)

MyDcAreMarvel Thu 19-Oct-17 22:30:57

I would try waking your baby for a feed, six hours is a long time for a ten week old in between feeds.

MummySparkle Thu 19-Oct-17 22:34:25

Mine never really sorted themselves out. I used to sleep with a crop top maternity sleep bra and stick a maxi pad to the inside of it behind cloth breast pads (handmade, giant!) first thing in the morning was always so painful, but as soon as the DCs would feed the relief was immense. I used to count to 10 after they latched because I knew by then it would stop hurting. Lots of muslins on hand to catch leakage from the other boob!

I swear I could have fed twins!

SemperTemper Thu 19-Oct-17 23:32:16

Thank you all. Will persevere!

LapinR0se Fri 20-Oct-17 09:12:48

Definitely don't wake your baby for a feed! That's a great stretch. Your body will settle into the new pattern soon

SemperTemper Fri 20-Oct-17 16:16:00

She slept through again from 12-7am last night but fed more than usual once she woke up, which solved my discomfort! I noticed that I hadn't leaked as much as the previous morning, I hope things continue to improve.

Cakescakescakes Fri 20-Oct-17 16:16:57

It will settle and adjust in a couple of days. Persevere!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now