Talk

Advanced search

Best breastfeeding tracker app?

(12 Posts)
GimbleInTheWabe Wed 18-Oct-17 11:06:55

My DS is 7 days old today and after a little stay in hospital due to jaundice and a possible (but luckily not present) infection I’m more vigilant than ever to track his feeding. However, keeping a list on my phone isn’t that practical. Anyone have a good app that they use and can recommend?!
TIA!

Spam88 Wed 18-Oct-17 13:51:20

I use FeedBaby, records which side, time and duration of the feed.

GimbleInTheWabe Wed 18-Oct-17 14:01:35

Thanks Spam, I’ll give it a go.
My LO just threw up what seemed like his entire feed from one breast. He didn’t seem fussed but of course now I’m worrying. He wanted to continue feeding afterwards so he had another good 20 mins feed and is now chilling on me. Is this normal?! confused

Thissameearth Wed 18-Oct-17 14:04:37

I'm the same, did yours lose weight at weigh in? Over 9% here 😱

ButtMuncher Wed 18-Oct-17 14:08:40

I just wrote down on a notepad for the first month, but I'm pretty archaic grin I'd say bringing up a whole feed isn't uncommon if baby had trapped wind and if you've had a successful feed afterward with no issue I wouldn't worry too much.

Are you afraid of baby losing weight? If so I know how you feel - those first few weeks were so anxious for me as my son lost 11% in hospital due to appalling feeding advice - I spent the next four weeks paranoid he'd end up not gaining and I'd go back into hospital.

Congratulations by the way flowers

Spam88 Wed 18-Oct-17 14:15:21

If he seems okay OP then I wouldn’t worry ☺️

furryelephant Wed 18-Oct-17 14:21:34

I use Baby Tracker smilecan record nappies, feeds, sleeps, things like temperatures and medications too!

Thissameearth Wed 18-Oct-17 14:22:42

I'm the same, did yours lose weight at weigh in? Over 9% here 😱

iver Wed 18-Oct-17 15:05:26

baby+ is a really good app. it tracks everything like feeds, sleep and nappies and has loads of info. you can turn on daily breastfeeding support notifications too which is nice smile

GimbleInTheWabe Wed 18-Oct-17 19:25:12

Thanks everyone will check out the apps mentioned smile

He went from 4.1 to 3.8 on day 3 but then back up to 4.08 on day 5 so not too worried about him losing weight. I am anxious about feeding enough/too much though. I know there’s no routine but I can’t help but worry! Is it too much, not enough, long enough, how to wind properly. So much to take on confused

Spam88 Thu 19-Oct-17 14:38:41

You’ll get into the swing of things soon enough smile don’t worry about overfeeding him, if he’s hungry just feed him, he knows what he needs.

GimbleInTheWabe Fri 20-Oct-17 12:36:23

Thanks again everyone. Just had midwife round and my DS is now weighing 4.250kgs which is above his birth weight of 4.1kgs at only 9 days old so I’m feeling so proud of him for gaining so well.

And btw I’m now using this app called baby tracker which @furryelephant suggested and really liking it so thank you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now