Talk

Advanced search

Which ready made formula?

(12 Posts)
ChipShopGherkin Mon 16-Oct-17 21:07:27

I currently have a 16 day old baby that I'm EBF however I'm going out tomorrow and he will be staying with my mum for a few hours.

I'm looking for your suggestions for the best ready made formula - SMA/Aptimil ect?

I've tried expressing but I just can't do it so have to resort to formula. sad

dementedpixie Mon 16-Oct-17 21:22:00

There is no best as it's whatever suits your baby.

NapQueen Mon 16-Oct-17 21:27:04

Honestly they are all much of a muchness.

Will it be the babies first time with a bottle of formula? She may well refuse. Will you be close enough to come back for feeds?

ChipShopGherkin Mon 16-Oct-17 21:29:05

Yes it'll be his first time, and yes I will be close by. I'm only meant to be going out for a meal but I'm starting to get anxious about doing so sad

NapQueen Mon 16-Oct-17 21:32:57

Dont stress. Feed him up before you go, he will be nice and full abd sleepy. You will probably be back by the time he wants another feed.

troodiedoo Mon 16-Oct-17 21:34:02

I've always used cow and gate ready mix for occasional formula feeding. I've read on here that it's the most gentle, and it's exactly the same as aptamil, which is just re branded to be more sciencey.

Either way, my 7 month old dd has always been fine with it.

troodiedoo Mon 16-Oct-17 21:35:41

Tommy tippee closer to nature bottles also used.

Csd17 Tue 17-Oct-17 01:50:45

My friend swears by the premade Cow and Gate.

LazyDaisy6 Tue 17-Oct-17 14:20:49

We went to a wedding when DS was 3 months and he refused expressed milk in a bottle so I just fed him twice within an hour before I went then popped back after the church and then once during the reception before leaving early. Obviously the wedding was a lot longer than a meal so I'm sure baby would be fine if you feed him up beforehand. Just be prepared you might have to skip dessert and go home for his next feed smile If you want him to take a bottle on the odd time you are out I would persevere while he's so little as I now have a 7 month old bottle refuser who I cannot leave.

ChipShopGherkin Wed 18-Oct-17 03:09:50

He managed to successfully take a bottle, even though he did open his mouth too wide and get a load down him first. grin

Csd17 Wed 18-Oct-17 03:27:00

Great news!

troodiedoo Wed 18-Oct-17 22:14:15

Bravo!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now