Talk

Advanced search

Feeling dizzy while breastfeeding.

(14 Posts)
SellMySoulForSomeSleep Wed 11-Oct-17 17:41:35

Has anyone else experienced this?
My 7 week old was on the 91st centile and last weigh in when up to the 98th.
She feeds very well.

Over the last few days I've started to feel really woozy, sick and light headed while feeding her.

At my 6 week check the GP said I have slightly lower blood pressure than normal and just to make sure I eat and drink well. not a problem, I can't stop eating and drinking

I've been trying to drink even more water than usual and snacking which doesn't make a difference to how I feel.

She's up every 2-3 hours in the night as expected so although I'm really tired I don't feel completely wiped out.

Should I just see how it goes or do I need to be concerned?

TIA.

SellMySoulForSomeSleep Wed 11-Oct-17 17:42:51

Sorry about the lack of paragraphs. The app never seems to put them in.

FacelikeaBagofHammers Wed 11-Oct-17 17:44:09

Have you had your bloods checked? Could be low iron?

SellMySoulForSomeSleep Wed 11-Oct-17 18:36:56

Ahh thanks. I was put on iron tablets while I was pregnant but the final blood test I had at my 37/38 week was fine. I'll maybe make a non urgent appointment to get it checked.

ArchieStar Wed 11-Oct-17 18:47:57

Do you eat and drink while feeding? I had this suggested to me in the hospital and I really notice a difference when I don't do this during night feeds than when I do, your blood sugar lowers quickly at night which with tiredness can contribute to dizziness, headaches, etc

SellMySoulForSomeSleep Wed 11-Oct-17 19:04:03

I'll try that thanks Archie I occasionally eat while feeding but not by design.

ArchieStar Wed 11-Oct-17 20:25:39

I have a snack box under my bed and a bottle of water, it's worth a go smile even during the evenings I can start with dizziness and whatnot!

SellMySoulForSomeSleep Wed 11-Oct-17 21:30:38

I forgot how much feeding takes it out of you. Although my first didn't drain me this much.

April45 Thu 12-Oct-17 05:48:10

Try eating during your night feeds too, just to keep you going. I used to have a basket of things to nibble on.

DoubleHelix79 Thu 12-Oct-17 06:11:13

That happened to me in the first few weeks - just a really odd lightheaded feeling. It stopped on its own after a while (still bf at 7 months). I didn't have low blood pressure or iron levels. I think I remember reading an explanation for it somewhere, but can't recall what or was.

DoubleHelix79 Thu 12-Oct-17 06:11:20

That happened to me in the first few weeks - just a really odd lightheaded feeling. It stopped on its own after a while (still bf at 7 months). I didn't have low blood pressure or iron levels. I think I remember reading an explanation for it somewhere, but can't recall what or was.

INeedNewShoes Thu 12-Oct-17 06:17:06

I always have a glass of water before feeding and one while feeding. For some reason I've always felt sick for night feeds. I'll often have the window wide open (as long as it won't be draughty for baby).

I second eating as well. Even one rich tea biscuit can give just enough to help not feel ugh.

FurryGiraffe Thu 12-Oct-17 06:29:21

Definitely eat. I used to take a banana to bed to snack on in the middle of the night. And with DS1 DH used to bring me toast in bed first thing because I felt so weak and hungry first thing!

SellMySoulForSomeSleep Fri 13-Oct-17 10:15:46

Thanks all. More eating and drinking it is. grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: