Talk

Advanced search

Fussy 17 month old!

(4 Posts)
CorSie Sat 07-Oct-17 15:25:45

DD can be pretty fussy when it comes to dinner time. She did great weaning when it come to pureed veggies and fruits and when she was a little older and we mashed up varieties of foods together she loves them too, but now we are giving her proper chunks she has become very fussy. Apart from fish fingers she turns her nose up at almost everything else. She hasn't got very many teeth yet so I'm wary of giving her things she might not be able to chew very well, and we always sit and eat the same food with her so she can see mommy and daddy are enjoying it but some days she'll just flat out refuse!

Anyone have any tips of how to overcome her fussiness and getting her more used to eating proper food rather than mush? She's my 1st so I'm still new to all of this and learning as I go, all my mom and MIL say is oh she'll eat if she's hungry but that isn't helpful

EveryoneTalkAboutPopMusic Mon 09-Oct-17 18:26:54

I wouldn’t worry about her missing the odd meal, try to look at what she eats over a week rather than meal by meal.

A portion is roughly the size of her palm so if she eats anything like that amount then she’s probably full.

As for the teeth, why are you wary? Do you think she could be picking up on your anxiety?

CorSie Tue 10-Oct-17 11:38:17

Maybe she is picking up on my anxiety, I never thought of that.

I'm wary of giving her things she might not be able to chew properly since she's only got 5 teeth so far all at the front

EveryoneTalkAboutPopMusic Tue 10-Oct-17 18:53:08

Teeth don’t really make much difference. I’d let her try proper food, she may surprise you smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now