Talk

Advanced search

Milk blister - ow!

(5 Posts)
Ookmybanana Wed 04-Oct-17 23:47:21

I have what I think is a milk blister on my right nipple. It's very sore but the pain when feeding is immense and brought me to tears. I've soaked it with a flannel in hot salty water and tried to scratch the surface off it to release any blockage but without success.

I've had to move to just feeding off my other breast. If I hand express my right breast will it stop any engorgement for the time being? Does anyone have any advice on how to best cope with this and get rid of the darn thing please?

PurpleOwl86 Wed 04-Oct-17 23:48:15

Dangle feeding got me through mine

Ookmybanana Wed 04-Oct-17 23:58:26

Thanks. I had to look up to confirm that dangle feeding is exactly as I thought and it is!

Did it take long for yours to clear up? It feels like someone is trying to pierce my nipple and I'm not doing well with the pain.

VodkaRevelation Thu 05-Oct-17 00:28:24

I remember having this. It's excruciating isn't it! Ice pack after feeding. It will pop at some point and you'll think your child's mouth is bleeding and then you'll remember!

Hope it sorts itself out soon.

Ookmybanana Thu 05-Oct-17 04:28:03

Thanks vodka. The oooping is something to look forward to!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now