Talk

Advanced search

Poor latch on just one side.

(3 Posts)
QueenAmongstMen Wed 27-Sep-17 10:46:41

I have a 6 week baby who had a tongue tie snip at 9 days old. Feeding prior to this was unbearable.

Since having the procedure feeding has generally been about 90% better but one thing that frustrates me is that he can't maintain a match on the right side. He's always clicking when he feeds from that side, he loses his latch really easily and slips off a lot and milk is always leaking out his mouth whilst he's feeding....his face is usually covered in milk by the time he has fed.

I just don't understand it because his feeding on the left side is perfect which is ironic because prior to his TT division that was the side he really struggled on and where the most nipple trauma was.

Does anyone have a baby that is just a poor feeder on one side?

OP’s posts: |
chelle85 Fri 29-Sep-17 17:31:39

How is his head position? I find on my right side my DS tilts his head and this breaks his latch. Lactation consultant said the muscles in one side of his neck were a lot tighter which is what was affecting his latch on that side and recommended a cranial osteopath. Can't say how effective it is as we have our first appt tomorrow and still waiting tongue tie procedure.

QueenAmongstMen Fri 29-Sep-17 18:17:26

I've been to see someone today actually to have his TT reassessed in relation to him struggling to feed on one side and after spending a lot of time talking to me and observing a feed she believes my problems are due to poor neck alignment as a result of his TT and his birth (section). She has advised I see a Chiropractor and recommended a few for me to contact.

You will have to let he know God it goes!!

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in