Talk

Advanced search

12 week leap - feeding less?

(4 Posts)
Changingoftheguard Tue 26-Sep-17 20:14:45

Hi all, my 12 week old has started feeding a lot less, we got off to a pretty rough start but I thought we'd figured it out and now she's started becoming really fussy again.

I've read they go through a developmental leap at 12 weeks and wondered if anyone can shed some light. She's never been a comfort nurser but now she stays there for a couple of seconds, stops, looks around, starts again and repeat.

I'm nervous about feeding when out and about as she's so distracted.

She dropped from the 97th to 75th centile when HV came out last week but said she wasn't worried as likely just finding her real weight? And she's alert/happy(most of the time 🙈) when awake.

I thought we'd really got things Sussed but now questioning myself.

OP’s posts: |
Changingoftheguard Tue 26-Sep-17 20:43:03

Bump?

OP’s posts: |
AnaKristina Mon 02-Oct-17 21:11:46

My baby is 12 weeks and is bottle fed. Looks around and turns head when feeding. Loves starring at the curtain. Some feedings are easy some last 2 hours with interruption. He also cries during the feeding. I am putting it down to a cognitive leap. Not sure what else to think. Two weeks ago was eating significantly less but then returned back to normal. Weight didn't change in term of the centile. 75 ventile is still a great weight. I think your baby will be back to usual feeding soon as well as mine.

AnaKristina Mon 02-Oct-17 21:13:12

One of the books said babies around this time become distractible while feeding.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in