Talk

Advanced search

4.5 month old bottle refuser

(5 Posts)
user1471433387 Tue 19-Sep-17 20:05:12

Please help. DD is refusing a bottle. I've been trying for over 2 months now. I've tried the medela, como tomo and Mimi jumi bottles. Only a few times has she sucked and swolled anything. Things I've tried include: someone else giving a bottle with me not present, different positions, her being hungry or not hungry, different temperature milk, different times of the day and in different surroundings. I've tried using a nipple shield to get her used to silicone but she wouldn't latch on to me.

Yesterday I started using a sippy cup and she would bring it to her mouth and suck but then dribble the milk out. Today she isn't interested in holding it.

OP’s posts: |
GodIsDead Tue 19-Sep-17 20:10:39

Try a NUK bottle with a latex teat. You can buy them at Boots. It's the only kind my bottle refuser would have. (But only sometimes) breastfed babies just prefer mum's milk from the source!

user1471433387 Tue 19-Sep-17 20:21:52

Thanks. I'm returning to work soon so I need to get her to drink from a bottle!

OP’s posts: |
ForgetAboutSleep Thu 21-Sep-17 12:22:39

I (hopefully) second the Nuk bottles with latex teat - haven't tried it yet but its the only dummy he will take so fingers crossed he'll also take the bottle tonight!! They've won awards for combined feeding so I'm hoping it will work.

feesh Thu 21-Sep-17 12:55:19

Have you tried a dream feed whilst still asleep? That was how we got our 4 month old bottle refuser to accept one (although admittedly he's had bottles when younger). It took a few nights of dreamfeeds before he would accept one while awake in the day

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in