Talk

Advanced search

Breastfeeding 6m onwards?

(1 Post)
strawberry310 Tue 19-Sep-17 15:19:03

My lo is 17 weeks old (13 adjusted), she feeds all the time every 1-1.5 hours in the day, longer at night about every 2.5-4 hours. She will occasionally take a bottle of EBM from husband if in the right mood, otherwise she absolutely will not - this means I can't leave her.
She definitely comfort feeds and feeds to sleep at night and often in the day, I can't seem to stop her. She's rooting and chewing her fists, sucks on my husbands arm if he had her then will start crying whereas she's actually tired and wants a 30 second comfort suckle. I thought I'd try the EASY routine but it ends up being EAESY!
I always thought I'd BF beyond 6m but I'm finding it relentless. She is a very sicky refluxy baby which also means that her feeding is additionally unpredicatable and I still have leaky engorged breasts every morning and sometimes later in the day.
Will it get better? What can I expect once she starts eating a bit of food in the 6-12m period? I thought I'd go back to work at 9m but im not sure how when she feeds so often?
(I still haven't decided what weaning method to use maybe a combo of purée and finger food?

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in