Talk

Advanced search

Fast milk supply

(5 Posts)
lorza03 Tue 29-Aug-17 02:40:22

My baby is now 7 weeks and 3 days old....and my milk supply is rather good...my baby is very figgity when going on the breast and then my milk starts to spray out rediclious fast. And he can't latch or comes of as it's spraying so quickly
.I've tried the hv suggestion of lying back but hardly makes a difference ..it really annoys me especially when I'm out in public...I get soaking wet and feel really embarrassed. ..any tips guys ?

OP’s posts: |
DuggeeHugs Tue 29-Aug-17 08:57:38

I tuck a muslin under their chin and my breast. It prevents that horrible wet patch on your tummy/leg and their collar when they've finished.

peaceloveandbiscuits Tue 29-Aug-17 09:09:40

Same as Duggee says, tuck a muslin under their cheek and your breast, and keep another handy to mop up the spray. I have this curse issue as well. It will settle down a bit; seven weeks is still very little and your supply is still getting sorted and adjusting.
Congratulations!

peaceloveandbiscuits Tue 29-Aug-17 09:11:08

Oh I meant to add about the fussing at the breast - if it's feasible, you could (hand or pump) express a small amount off before you feed so it's not so much for baby all at once, but I know this isn't possible every time. I often do this first thing if I'm very engorged if baby hasn't fed overnight.

lorza03 Tue 29-Aug-17 10:54:17

Thank you the Muslim is a great idea will give it a go. And the expressing milk off I've been doing while at home if have a lot of milk

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in