Talk

Advanced search

10 month old bf suddenly painful

(4 Posts)
Minxmumma Wed 02-Aug-17 18:48:39

My 8 month old has recently got very easily distracted and starts almost chewing when something catches her eye. As I can only feed from one side due to breast cancer I cannot risk it being sore so take her off and wait until she is focused again and will latch properly.
Drives me doolally some days x

PodgeBod Wed 02-Aug-17 12:05:23

Yes I think she's just being lazy to be honest. I'll try what you suggested with taking her off, thank you

OP’s posts: |
MoHunter Tue 01-Aug-17 22:20:42

I'd try not letting her feed with a bad/painful latch - take her off the boob and try to push a good mouthful of boob in? If she learns that she doesn't get milk unless she latches properly then baby should learn.
It's not necessarily due to having teeth, sometimes older babies/toddlers go through a lazy latch phase I think? Mine breastfed fine with teeth (except for a short but painful biting phase!!!).
Maybe try positioning her differently?

PodgeBod Tue 01-Aug-17 19:38:09

I've been breastfeeding my almost-11 month old easily and painlessly since she was born. She is a bottle and cup refuser (would ideally like to stop breastfeeding but I've been unsuccessful). Breastfeeding over the last few weeks has become painful, she's always had quite a shallow latch but now it feels like she is worrying at the nipple. Naptimes are worse.
Is there anything I can do to stop this or is this a natural consequence of having teeth now?

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in