Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Sore nipples at 17 months

(2 Posts)
tumtitum Thu 29-Jun-17 07:36:22

DD is almost 17 months. We generally feed once or twice a day, occasionally not at all if I have to leaven the house early and return after she's in bed. Occasionally feed more than that if she's asking for it.
She had a TT snipped at around a week old. I feel like her latch has always been bad despite my best efforts, but we've managed. She's a wriggly feeder and grabs and pulls at me whilst she feeds, which does result in my nipples getting twisted round a lot, I've tried and failed to stop her doing this!!
I've had thrush in the past and at some points have tried thrush treatment again which has helped a little but it doesn't feel like thrush did the first time and I don't want to be using any medication or giving her medication unnecessarily.
The pain is whilst feeding and then for some time after, my nipples almost always feel tender, but more noticeably during and after feeding. Sometimes I have white bits that I can pick off my nipples, I don't think it's thrush or plebs, it literally is like dead skin. I think I may have a touch of Reynaulds as my nipples blanch a lot and often appear colourless.
I would probably give up BF (thought I'd stop at a year) but she now gets very upset if I don't feed her, so I don't think she's ready.
I've been putting off going to the GP to get my nipples swabbed as I'd have to wait forever to be seen and they don't seem very confident with BF issues!!
Any ideas about what it could be much appreciated smile

EveryoneTalkAboutPopMusic Thu 29-Jun-17 20:33:29

Are you in the UK @tumitum? If so, could you give one of the Bfing Helplines a call?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now