Talk

Advanced search

Breast milk supply

(7 Posts)
Megs1993 Thu 01-Jun-17 22:46:51

Hi guys,

My LO is 11 weeks old and I'm exclusively breast feeding her.

I always here stories from my friends who are mammys or from threads on here about their breast milk flowing out all over the place or shooting milk for miles! I have never had this, I've never needed to wear breast pads and the only time my boob has leaked is on a morning and even still it's just a few drops! The most milk I've ever expressed in one sitting is 5oz and it took an age!

LO is gaining weight extremely well and we have plenty of wet and dirty nappies so there's definitely no issue with the milk I just feel weird that it doesn't seem to flow out?

Anyone else find this?

OP’s posts: |
GreenGoblin0 Thu 01-Jun-17 23:14:15

nothing weird about it. some wome leak and some don't. some women have a fast let down and some don't. if your baby is thriving then there is nothing to worry about

AssassinatedBeauty Thu 01-Jun-17 23:16:52

It's totally normal. Some women leak, some don't at all. I didn't leak much with DS1 but more so with DS2, so it can even be different with different babies.

Notfastjustfurious Thu 01-Jun-17 23:23:49

I didn't leak and never needed the (mountain) of breastpads I bought in preparation for the much talked of leakage. Only squirted once or twice in the early days when dd lay on them and only expressed around 2-3oz at a time. She fed until I forced her to quit at over 2 yrs old so obviously the boobs were doing something right.

PippaRose Fri 02-Jun-17 18:02:51

I didn't leak at all and breast pads are still in the box.

DS now 5 months and putting on plenty of weight, 60th centile up from 9th just after birth. Think all are different

DarkFloodRises Fri 02-Jun-17 18:07:04

I never wore breast pads and found expressing a real struggle. My breasts rarely felt full either. But my DC were EBF with no problems.

Intransige Fri 02-Jun-17 18:08:52

I don't leak and I really struggle to express. Boobs vary quite a lot in terms of number of milk ducts - it doesn't affect supply but it does change storage capacity.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in