Talk

Advanced search

Painful and trying to cut down :(

(7 Posts)
Cric Fri 26-May-17 20:47:08

I want to finish feeding. DS is 6 months and so plan was to cut out a feed every week or 2 (and replace with formula). Week 2 and only really doing one formula feed a day. I have blocked milk ducts and worried it will turn in mastitis AGAIN! Just so full all the bloody time. I could really do with some advice PLEASE!

Cric Fri 26-May-17 21:07:45

Anyone?

AssassinatedBeauty Fri 26-May-17 21:38:13

I'd express a little to relieve the blocked ducts and maybe wait a little longer before swap

AssassinatedBeauty Fri 26-May-17 21:38:55

...swapping another feed for a formula feed to give your boobs the chance to catch up with the reduced demand.

Cric Fri 26-May-17 21:55:57

I just had a big old cry and have a hot flannel. I have tried to express but nothing is really coming out. I am wondering if I had my bra on too tight today and so am going to bed without a bra (likely result is going to be loads of milk!) tjdbks

Cric Fri 26-May-17 21:56:12

Thanks last bit was thanks!

vickyors Fri 26-May-17 22:27:29

Do what your gut tells you. My first baby I fed till she was 14 months, but my second I struggled with various things; I'd always intended to do the same, but it didn't work out. I mixed fed for a year. I fed a big feed in the morning, would do bottle feeds or formula (or express, whatevs I felt like), then a big feed before sleep. It very gradually decreased, but was awesome! Do exactly what works for you. And don't breastfeed just because you think you should. I beat myself up for bloody ages for doing any bottle. And now; cannot tell the difference! (Breast baby slept better, ironically!) whatever works for you and your family: whatever works for you and your family. Everything else- throw it out. And mastitis sucks. Feel for you. No judgement!!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now